I've been reading on a few blogs lately about the pressures of blogging and "trying to keep up with the Joneses". (Sorry if your last name is Jones....you probably get tired of people using that analogy :) Blogging means different things to different people. Some people do it just to show their crafts, other do it as a place to "be themselves" and say whatever is in their heart and for some it is a mixture of both. For me, blogging is my creative outlet, as I say in my title "my own little corner of the world". It's a chance for me to escape my everyday life of mother, wife, housekeeper, cook, chauffer, laundromat, etc. We are all human, and we can't always escape our life. It's going to "spill" over into our craft life that we have here in blog world. Whatever people's reason is for blogging, we should not be judging them or criticizing them. If you feel that people are "pulling you down" (as one person said) or if their lives are too dramatic for you, then please don't read their blog. No one is making you go to their blog and read it. But please don't go and leave nasty comments. This isn't high school anymore....it's the real world. As I learned growing up, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
People are feeling bad that they don't get many comments or visitors. As you can see from my blog, I have a little over 1400 hits since July of 2007 and half of them are probably me!! :) I rarely get comments and even ask questions and no one leaves comments. That's okay with me. I don't blog and share my stuff for it to be a popularity contest. I started it as a means to show my friends and family what I enjoy doing. And if I am able to inspire someone to create something from what I share, that is wonderful....an added bonus. Of course comments and RAK's always brighten someone's day, but we shouldn't validate ourselves on whether or not we get those. At the end of the day, our family (& friends) is what matters the most. Not how many visitors or comments we had on our blog. Okay, I better step off my soap-box now, or I could keep going forever. It was breaking my heart to see some of the mean things people were saying out there, so this was my way of getting it off my chest. Thank you for listening to me ramble on.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
My 2 cents worth
Posted by
Kelley
at
2:29 PM
Labels: Misc. Ramblings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Very well said! Thank you for posting this. I love to look at the creativity of others. I don't post all that often, but do want to say that I love your blog as well as some of the others who are feeling "overwhelmed" with blogging.
wow - if all mother's could pass down this wisdom to their children as well as feeling confident in themselves, the world would be a nicer place for us all ;-) I'm in my fifties and now I'm trying to judge people less and enjoy life more! TFS - KT
Post a Comment