I created these TV Passes because my daughter is a TV junkie. If that's all she could do all day long, she would! I have to make her play. Once she gets started, she can play for a while by herself, but getting her to do that is sometimes a battle. She is really into this creative stage right now where she has imaginary friends and she comes up with some great parties, etc. that her and "her friends" play. She even set up a place setting for them at dinner the other day!
Anyway, I created these TV passes as a way to help her and me. Sometimes I am just so tired, that I don't have the fight in me and I give in and let her watch more TV than she should be watching. Instead of it being a battle between Mom & Emerson, I've taken Mom out of the equation. There are 4 TV Passes. She can choose to watch them all at once, or spread it out throughout the day, but once the passes are gone, she is done watching TV for the day.
Our pediatrician actually had me put the TV for her (Emerson) while she was eating lunch. She eats like a bird, but if the TV is on, she stays there long enough to eat some food and actually get some calories into her body without us having to use supplements like we used to. We'll see how lunch goes today :)
I laminated these sheets with my laminating machine that I got for my birthday from my parents. Yes, I asked for a laminating machine for my birthday....crazy, huh? My contact from my old job left the organization, so I had no way to laminate things anymore. So, now I have my very own. I just hope I don't get as crazy with it as I do my label machine!! LOL!



1 comment:
What a neat idea Kelley! Does one pass=one show, or an amount of time (30 minutes)? How is it working?
Post a Comment