WOW! I just checked my blog and realized that I hadn't posted in a couple days. Where does the time go?? Let's see.....Thursday I had my last day of work....well not officially. I'm not scheduled to work anymore during the month of April, told them I needed a break. I just haven't officially told them that I'm not coming back. I'll do that before they make the next schedule. Too much drama for me to deal with.....that I don't need to deal with. I took the job the daycare at the YMCA to get me (and the girls) out of the house and I thought it would be fun. It was fun, but the drama with the "younger girls" and people not doing their job, it just wasn't something that I wanted to be a part of anymore. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Altered Pocket Calendars
Friday, Emerson and I had eye doctor appointments. Her vision is good and mine isn't changing. But I am venturing out into the contact world! After getting the braces on this past January and wearing glasses, it's just more than my 30-something self wants to deal with. So, I am going with contacts. I'm a little nervous, as I've never worn them, but at least I don't have to spend 15 minutes looking around the house to find where I've put my glasses!! Oh, about the braces. While I was pregnant with Camryn, I noticed that my bite was different. Well, you know when you are pregnant and your ligaments stretch (which is why your feet grow), well, my jaw started shifting.....my bottom jaw was moving forward. I received two opinions and they both said that it would be a matter of time before my bottom jaw knocked out my front teeth!!! WHAT!?!?!? I wanted to keep my teeth! I really didn't want dentures in my 30's! So, in order to keep my teeth, I have to have jaw surgery in June '09. So I have braces for 12-18 months, then the jaw surgery with 6-8 weeks of having my mouth rubberbanded shut (they don't wire them anymore), and then another 3-4 months of braces. They told me that my facial structure would be different and I would look different. My jaw line will be different...I will have more pronounced cheek bones, etc. So they wanted to make sure that my DH knew that all of this would happend b/c apparently that have had some husbands furious that their wives didn't look like they used to. I will lose about 10% of my body weight and won't be able to take care of the girls for at least the first 2 weeks after the surgery. I told them no worries about the body weight.......as long as I was able to get chocolate through the straw, I would be good to go!!
Okay, enough rambling on....time for some calendars. I made these for my grandmother. I made one for her last fall and she asked if I would recover some so she could give them to her friends. She also noted that she wanted "bright & fun" colors. She didn't want them to look "old-ladyish." How cute is that??
Posted by
Kelley
at
8:54 PM
Labels: Misc. Ramblings, Projects, SU Stamps
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
LOVE the calendars! You are too funny about not telling them you're not coming back! What a hoot! Yikes on jaw surgery. . .that sounds painful!
Post a Comment