Sunday, December 23, 2007

We Made It & A Doodle Wallet


We finally made it to Florida yesterday.  Two days, driving to Florida with 2 kids.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  Emerson did really well.....as long as the DVD player on!  Camryn did really well, except for the last 30 minutes.  She just cried and cried.  I think they were both just ready to get out of the car.  I'm just glad we got out of Michigan before all the storms came through.  My brother-in-laws and their wives are also coming down to Florida.  One couple arrived today but had several delays at O'Hare in Chicago.  Hopefully the other couple doesn't experience the same delays with the weather.

Anyway, on to the fun stuff!  I bought these Doodle Wallet project from SU! back while I was on bed rest.  I wasn't able to cut anything with my cutter while in bed, so I needed something that was pre-cut and this project perfect.  I started these while I was on bed rest and believe it or not, just finished some up!  They are so cute.  You can pull out the solid pieces of card stock and put pictures on the front and back.  If you flip over the envelopes, you can journal on the black portion of the paper.  I decided to leave my wallets blank and let the grandparents put in their favorite pictures of the kids.  (Actually, it was because I ran out of time, but they don't need to know that!!!)

Thanks for looking.  I hope everyone enjoys their holiday and will be back with another project on Wednesday.  I'm looking forward to going to the pool tomorrow!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Doodle This
Paper:  Marigold Morning, Old Olive, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink:  Rose Red, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Marigold Morning
Accessories:  Black brads, black grosgrain ribbon, circle punch, 1/16" handheld punch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad to hear you made it safe :) Will Emerson be swimming with you????

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So glad you made it safely! Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!