I finally finished my Christmas cards for this year. (I only started them in October!!) I struggled so much with my cards this year. I originally picked out a card to case from the current SU! catalog. I even ordered all the paper for the card but when it came down to do the card, I didn't like the colors together (cool caribbean, rose red & certainly celery). I even tried switching to a different layout and it still wasn't working for me. I had to take a couple of days to regroup and get those colors and layouts out of my head. I had to call for "backup" and have my neighbor come over and help me with some ideas. We came up with this card. I just love these colors together. I thought I would have just enough paper to do all the cards I needed, but I didn't! I ran out of white paper and blue bayou. I had enough bases made, but I didn't have enough paper to finish the tent part of the card. Since I wasn't ordering any more paper until the new quarter, I had to come up with Plan B.
I had some old pre-made white cards stashed away. I decided to cover the cards with pretty Christmas paper to jazz it up. I used some clear acrylic stamps that I got for $1 for the set. The snowman and sentiment both came in the set as well as 4 other stamps. Not bad for $1!
Thanks for looking!
Supplies:
(1st card)
Stamps: Sidekick Sayings
Paper: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Whisper White
Ink: Blue Bayou
Accessories: Blue Bayou Double Stitch ribbon, Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder, ticket corner punch, staple
(2nd card)
Stamps: Studio G clear acrylics $1
Paper: pre-made white cards, Christmas Stack (Hobby Lobby brand), Pixie Pink, Bashful Blue
Ink: Pixie Pink, Markers-Pixie Pink, Bashful Blue, Gable Green
Accessories: 1 1/4 & 1 3/8" circle punch, blue organdy ribbon, Marvy punches in jumbo oval, mega oval, giga scalloped oval



No comments:
Post a Comment