Thank you to those of you who left comments or emailed me with some ideas for my workshop. DUH!! Go to SCS to get ideas......now why didn't I think of that??? I think I just got a little overwhelmed and freaked out at the thought of preparing and wanting everything to be perfect. I think it went pretty well. Everyone there had stamped before, so they already knew the basics. I decided to CASE this card from Beate. When I saw it on her blog, I knew it would be easy to do at a workshop, which is why she called it "Super Easy Workshop Card". I changed up the colors and used the DS paper, Fall Leaves. My sample card is a little different that the ones we did at the workshop. The card bases were Old Olive, then Sky Blue, then Really Rust and then different pieces of the Fall Leaves collection. I think they turned out really great. Many of the guests commented on how much they loved the colors of the Fall Leaves paper, but would have never put those colors together themselves. That's why we have Stampin' Up! We used the Lots of Thoughts stamp set from the SAB catalog as well as the So Many Scallops set. I let people choose what stamp set they wanted to use based on what they wanted to use their card for. I think it showed how versatile the two stamp sets are.
We also did another project, but I think I'll save that one for tomorrow. Again, thanks for your help with ideas. They really helped!



2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great workshop where everyone had a good time! Congrats!!!
I like what you did with this card layout! Your card turned out beautiful!
Hugs and smiles
Oh I LOVE it! I'm so glad to hear your workshop went well! I know it can make you nervous that first time. . .well, every time really! LOL
Post a Comment