I'm leaving this post at the top b/c I need as much help as possible. Please scroll down for newer posts.
I need your help! I need any and ALL advice about potty training. I've got a strong-willed, independent, stubborn 3 year old. Nothing motivates Emerson to go. I've tried EVERYTHING. She's such a TV junkie that now we tell her that TV is a privilege and when she goes to the potty, she earns a show. Now she doesn't watch ANY TV. Which isn't a bad thing, but I've now run out of ways to get her to go to the potty. She won't even let me change her poopy diaper. She'd rather sit in it all day.
She's almost 3 1/2 now and we are getting ready to sign her up for preschool (which she couldn't do this year because she wasn't potty trained). We started training her shortly after she turned 2, but then she got sick, so we stopped. Then I got put on bed rest with Camryn and we had to put potty training on the back burner. We've tried soooo many times since then, but it just isn't working.
I'm desperate! Any suggestions would be welcomed!
Friday, February 8, 2008
More potty talk
Posted by
Kelley
at
7:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Kelley, I HEAR you! I think I told you before that Savannah was 3 1/2 before she was potty trained. I'm going to email you! :)
Kelley, this is going to sound weird, but she has to decide to do it. So, if you can offer something that makes her want to. For my oldest daughter it was twizzlers and bubbles. We let her blow bubbles in the bathroom while she sat on the potty, got twizzlers when she went, anything. My younger one, it was super duper praise, like you've never seen and she didn't even want the candy. Good luck.
Kelley, I feel your pain! Our daughter Bethany is 3 1/2 and is going ok during the day but at night we have issues. To get her to go during the day, I set a kitchen timer to make her think that she is in control. She felt independent and wanted to help set the timer herself. Now, we bought her an alarm clock for night time and she loves it!
Good luck, I think the bottom line is.....she will go when she is ready and then it will be like she has been doing it her whole life!
Post a Comment