Friday, February 8, 2008

Let Us Be Grateful

First, let me say THANK YOU to those of you who have left comments or emailed me directly about your experiences on potty training. It can be so frustrating because it is totally out of your control. Today we go to our first preschool openhouse with Emerson. When I told her we were going, she said "Yeah, and then I go pee-pee in the potty all the time." That comment got me thinking....maybe, just maybe, she'll make the connection once we are there today and actually WANT to use the potty. Incentives never really worked with her, even though I have a whole bag full of goodies, just in case! So, we are going to go to the openhouse today and then I am going to give it one more good try starting tomorrow. I've got about 15 days off of work and I'm putting the panties on her and going for it! I know it won't be easy and there will be a lot of laundry and plenty of use of my Bissell Green Machine, but I'm willing to do it one more time before I send her off to preschool in the fall with her Depends! LOL! Thanks again for your support. I so appreciate the well wishes and stories. It helps me feel like I am not so alone with this.

Okay, enough potty talk and on to some cards! I love this paper from Basic Grey. It was made to go with the SU!'s Garden Green. When I made these, you can tell I was in the mood to use my Coluzzle :) When the juices aren't flowing, the Coluzzle is an easy way to jazz up your card without having to do much, IMO. I first did the card with the flower, and didn't like it at all. It just wasn't working for me. So then I adapted the card and used my trusty ribbon. You can never go wrong with ribbon.




Not sure how much I'll be posting over the next week. I have a feeling the potty training is going to wear me right out and will have no energy to be crafty. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

GORGEOUS card, Kelley! I hope the Open House works as an incentive! Let us know! :)