Sorry I've been MIA the past few days. We've been pretty busy.....plus I took a day and went to IKEA...again! I just love that place! I can never get enough. It's a good thing my credit card has a limit on it or I'd be in deep trouble! I had to return something by the 27th of October from my last trip there and you can never just return something....you have to peruse the store to see all the new stuff they got since the last visit and the next thing you know.....your cart is full! As my cousin and I were taking our full cart out to the van, I realized that I didn't have my keys. Yep, you guessed it, I left them in the ignition! I guess I was just so excited to have a day off from the girls and go shopping at IKEA that I just hopped right on out of the van....with the doors locked! I called a local tow truck company and they were going to charge me $50 to unlock the van. I don't think so! (I wasn't about to return any of my goodies just to get my keys out of the van!) My step-dad had a brilliant idea of calling the local Dodge dealership and have them make up another key. They did and delivered it to me in the IKEA parking lot. They didn't even charge me, so I had to at least tip the driver for bringing the key to me. I don't think I'll be living that one down for a while!
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Long time no see...I mean post!
Okay, on to what I've been doing in my craft room. A couple of weeks ago, Peggy was looking through the galleries on SCS and came across the tiles that I had posted. She PM'd me and asked a few questions about the tiles. She mentioned she wanted to learn how to make the tiles because she wanted to do a charity benefit to help her young niece who has cancer. She also wanted to know if I had other craft ideas that were easy and inexpensive to make that they could sell at the benefit. So I emailed Peggy a bunch of pictures with directions, costs, etc. to help her begin her stash of goodies for the benefit. I told her that I would be happy to make some things and send them her way. Here are some things that I made for her.
Everything in this gift set coordinates together. All the paper is from DCWV. First I recovered a composition book. I purchased the book at Target for $0.12, like the one I re-did for myself. I used brown ric-rac ribbon on it to cover where the paper met. The alphabet stamps are from Hero-Arts and are stamped in Basic Brown from SU!. I added some Prima flowers and the pink brad in the middle is from the Target $1 spot.
Next I re-did a 4x6 acrylic picture frame. Again the paper is from DCWV, alphabet stamps are from the Target $1 spot, oval punches from SU!, post-it notes and medium calendar. The coaster box is covered in paper from DCWV and laced up with twine from IKEA. The pink Pentel pen just has a piece of the matching paper rolled on the inside.
I also recovered a photo album book and made two ornaments with the rolled up paper (like the ones on Trudee's blog), but I forgot to take pictures of them before I packaged up the box. Hopefully Peggy likes my goodies that I sent. It was for a good cause, I was happy to help. Thanks for looking, I'll have more tomorrow!
Posted by
Kelley
at
9:07 PM
Labels: Misc. Ramblings, Projects
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Glad you were able to get your keys without paying for it! Yikes! LOVE your gift set! It's beautiful!
Post a Comment