Well, I decided to take some pictures of my craft room since I had to clean it. I had to clean it because I plan on playing in here all day tomorrow and can't play when it's already messy!
The room is kinda small...it's only 8 x 11. Went we built the house, I thought it would be plenty of space, but I feel like I am already bursting at the seams! This is just my temporary room...once we finish the basement, in 6+ years, I'll move my craft room down there. But with two little ones, I thought is was important to be on the same floor while they were young. (Some days when Emerson gets into everything, I wish it was in the basement!)
Everything in the room is stuff I already had....it's kind of a modpodge of "a little of this and a little of that". When you open the double doors, and look to the left, you'll see my desk. The desk used to be my husbands desk from when he was a child. I painted it and put new hardward on it. In our old house it used to be my sewing desk. (That makes it sound like I do a lot of sewing or something....and I don't. I can do straight lines and that's about it!) The desk was very narrow and didn't give me much surface area to spread everything out when I was working. So we bought a pre-cut piece 4 x 6 of MDF with white laminate on it and put it on top of the desk. Not ideal, but it works for now and cost under $10. Can't beat that! In the drawers on the left, I store my watercolor pencils, chalk, markers, adhesive, etc. In the plastic drawers to the right of the desk I store pictures for when I start my scrapbooking and in the larger bottom drawer is where I store my scrap papers. Each color has its own folder (it's easier for me to find it that way.)
The ribbon on the desk is the ribbon that I use the most. It's stored in an old sticker dispenser that I got from my mom (she works at a dentist office and if you were good....you'd get a sticker!) It can be hung on the wall, but decided not to do that for now, so it just sits on the desk.
You can see my ink pads and re-inkers in my SU! Color Caddy. My punches are hanging on the wall with bars from the kitchen dept. at IKEA as well as the tin buckets with my hand-held punches, scissors and misc. markers, pens, etc.
Up above my punches is more ribbon. Gotta love ribbon! They are wide mouth canning jars. Each jar has a color assortment in them as well as a jar for scraps, ric-rac and misc. buttons.
To the right of the desk in my white cabinet that I store my paper in. On the front is my "WISH LIST" of goodies that I want on a clipboard. And you can see on the front I have my child lock on there to keep Emerson out of there. Now...inside the cabinet.....in the mini drawers on the top shelve is my stapler and decorative staples, embossing powders and all my cuttlebug folders and accessories. In the other 3-drawer shelve is my blades and scorer for my paper cutter and misc. tools (hammer, paper piercer, bone folder, exacto knife, etc.)
The next shelf down is my paper. It's assorted by color family. The next two shelves have my 8 x 8 paper, a current project I'm working on as well as extra paper that doesn't fit in with the other paper, magazines, idea books, misc. paper and whatever else doesn't have a home!
Well, this post is long enough and it's almost time for Camryn's feeding. I will post more of the room later. Thanks for looking!



1 comment:
WOW, I wish mine looked that neat!
Post a Comment