Thursday, August 30, 2007

RAK Challenge #69 & other goodies


I just got done making my cards for the RAK Challenge #69. Here was the challenge......you had to answer the questions and use the first letter of your answer to find someone on the RAK list whose name (first, last or SCS) also begins with that letter. You had to pick at least two.


The company of car you drive Dodge
Your favorite color Purple
Is it "d"ay or "n"ight at the moment you are reading this Day
Coffee or tea Tea
Do you have a blog, yes or no Yes
Your sign of the zodiac Aries
Are you a cat or dog person (or maybe both) Dog
Name of the school you graduated from (high school or college) EKHS
Best friend's first name Kristi
House, Condo, Townhouse or Apartment House



So, with those questions, I went with "D"odge and "A"ries. For the "D", I sent it to Jill Dunn in Auburn, Alabama. I also chose her because we have friends that live in Alabama and are HUGE Auburn fans. I also picked Monica Ackerman in Rockford, Illinois for my "A" and also because she lives in the same named city as I do, Rockford. Cheesy, I know, but there is always a method to my madness. Since I can't post the cards yet because they haven't received them, I'll post something else tonight.
Here is a coaster box that I made for my friend and neighbor. I met her when we lived in our old neighborhood and recently we both moved and built houses one house away from each other! How great is it to pick your neighbors! It was supposed to be for her birthday (which is in November), but I am one of those people who just can't keep something once I have it. So I gave it to her last week! Terrible...I know. That just means that I'll have to make something else for her birthday......and try to hold off until her actual birthday!


About the box.....I used the tutorial from Laura Judd at Inky Dinky Doo (you've gotta check out her blog....she got great ideas!) I made some changes to fit what I wanted. I've had the paper for a while and couldn't tell you who is from or where I got it. I used my CAD (Crop-A-Dile) to punch the holes and tied ribbon on the corners. I modpodged the paper onto the coasters and used E6000 to hold the coasters together. For my first coaster box, I was pleased! TFL!

No comments: