Emerson has just been on roll lately with her personality! I have 3 quick stories for you....
First, Emerson was outside yesterday riding her bike with our good friends' two boys (11 & 8). We live in a neighborhood with only 8 houses and the streets are shaped like a "t" and are all cul-de-sacs. The boys are old enough where they ride in the street and with Emerson not quite 3, she still has to stay on the sidewalk. She went out into the street for a moment, and I had to remind her to ride on the sidewalk. She pouts, rides her bike onto the driveway and says "You're driving me nuts, Mom." The proceeds to ride down the sidewalk. I had to turn around because I was laughing so hard. She shouldn't be talking that way, but what else could I do but laugh at that moment!
Second, we were eating pizza the other night and some of her pizza topping fell onto her chair and she says "what the heck are you doing?" (as if the pizza topping is going to reply?????) Obviously these are things that we say and she quickly picks up on. I suppose it could be worse....at least we aren't swearing!
And then there was tonight. Rich and Emerson we packing this evening to go camping tomorrow and needless to say she is a little excited. She was in bed and quite for about 20 minutes or so and starts calling "Daddy.......Daddy." Rich goes in there and she says "I was sleeping, but now I'm awake. I'm ready to get up and go camping!" How cute is that? He explained that the moon was just coming out (that's how she knows it bed time....the moon vs. the sun) and that it was time to go to bed. When the sun comes up in the morning she can get up and they can go camping. She replies "okay, goodnight Daddy." And then goes to sleep. I suppose all these cute moments make up for when she's being a stinker! We love you Emerson and all the cute things you say!



No comments:
Post a Comment