Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wooden Blocks

More Christmas gifts to show you. I loved these blocks when I saw them on Emily's blog, but haven't found the time to do them until now. Her's are cuter than mine, but it's my first time. And with the first time, comes mistakes. I was so intent on getting these done, that I got caught up in the Mod Podge groove and mod podged the whole block before I remembered to sand them and put the letters on. I was still able to rub the letters on, but I really wanted the rustic, sanded look to the blocks. Oh well, I'll remember that step for next time!



I used my new Cutie Pie DP paper that I got from the 3 for 1 sale from SU! Let's just say that I need a 12-step program for paper addicts. I stocked up with the SU! sale as well as more paper from Hobby Lobby since it was 50% off this week. I couldn't help myself!!! I used the 1 1/4" blocks from Hobby Lobby. They are $2.99 and I picked them up when they were 30% off. First, I painted them with white acrylic paint, covered them with the Cutie Pie paper and used rub-ons from The Paper Studio (also from Hobby Lobby). Since these blocks are going to the same person, I put "FAMILY" on one side of the blocks, and put "WELCOME" on the other. TFL!

No comments: